Safety Officer / marine officer
Offshore position, rotation 6/6*
To strengthen the crew of our offshore vessels we are looking for a Safety Officer / Marine Officer.
The Safety Officer carries out general safety tasks during construction and operation of the vessel. Primary focus of the role is towards periodic checks and maintenance of the safety equipment and helideck onboard the vessel. The Safety Officer will be part of the vessels crew and reports to the Captain or Chief Engineer.
Your main responsibilities:
• Ensure safety and live saving equipment is well maintained and checked at set intervals as specified in the onboard planned maintenance program;
• Carry out periodic checks and maintenance on the vessel’s helideck, so that the certification is granted;
• Administer completion of safety maintenance tasks in vessel planned maintenance system (STAR-IPS);
• To perform Helicopter Landing Officer duties when required;
• Familiarize new personnel onboard through induction trainings and familiarization rounds.
• Check PPE including working at height equipment;
• Participate in (preparation of) risks assessments (HIRA, JHA, LMRA);
• Identify unsafe practices and conditions and coach all personnel onboard towards safer behavior;
• Propose safety related corrective actions;
• To make Safety observation rounds and take action as required;
• Carry out or assist in incident investigations.
• MVK (Middelbare Veiligheidskunde) or equivalent like Maritime School;
• HLO certificate is a preferred;
• Good communication skills;
• Good knowledge of MS Office applications;
• Fluent in English language verbally and in writing;
• At least 2 years of hands on experience in the offshore or maritime industry or as Safety Officer.
Information and application:
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bert Reichgelt, Corporate Recruiter via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 6 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
*A rotation of 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off is an indication of the rotation schedule.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link