Business Acquisition Manager - Europe and West Africa
To strengthen the Global Sales and Business Development Team Jumbo seeks a Senior Commercial Representative for the Europe and West-African region.
The global Sales and Business Development Team within Jumbo consists of a group of enthusiastic senior representatives working all over the world. Together with the Jumbo co-workers from Market Analysis, Tendering Department, Engineering and Project Management you will, as a team, be responsible to conclude lump sum contracts for complex offshore installation projects. Every project within Jumbo is unique, ownership and business accountability is key.
Are you looking for a varied and challenging job within an international company and do you dare to take the next step as Business Acquisition Manager?
The main responsibilities are:
• Defining and updating Jumbo’s Business Strategy in specific areas and making sure that this strategy is in line with the Corporate Strategy;
• Maintaining the general (public) industry intelligence and represents Jumbo at Conferences and Exhibitions including the setup of local stake holder presentations, workshops and trainings;
• Providing the General Marketing of Jumbo capabilities by providing input for market data files and performing portfolio SWOT analysis or target selections;
• Maintaining a good relationship and managing the account of all clients and be in a day to day communication with our Country representatives;
• Internally communicating the generic market information and trends by monitoring Jumbo’s vis-à-vis competitor analysis, prepare and amend required Partner Plans and providing value based pricing input;
• Representing Jumbo in regional initiatives and coordinating joint proposals by providing the proposals (winning) strategy and supporting the proposal team or process.
• Initiating partner or bid co-operations, agency or representation agreements and ensure that Jumbo is on the proposal or pre-qualification lists for projects Jumbo is interested in.
• B.sc/ M.sc degree in Technical Sciences and/ or Commercial/ Business Administration;
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in the Offshore, Dredging, Logistics or Transport industry or similar to this;
• Minimum of 5 years of Engineering and commercial experience in a similar position;
• Fluent in English both verbal and written;
• Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project).
• Social and extrovert;
• Business “Nose”;
• Pragmatic and result driven;
• Conceptual thinking.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• Flexible working hours;
• The opportunity to work from home;
• A solid pension package;
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Jonas Dijkstra, Corporate Recruiter, via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 396. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, can be sent to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link