Compensation and Benefits Specialist
Jumbo’s HR department deals with a wide range of activities from strategic level to the day to day operations, including recruiting and staffing, compensation and benefits, training and learning and organisation development. The department, also responsible for manning the vessels, is a diverse and enthusiastic team. To strengthen the HR team Jumbo is looking for a Compensation & Benefits Specialist.
As C&B Specialist you are a member of the HR team and report to the HR Manager. You are a specialist in your field of expertise and you will make a suitable sparring partner for the HR manager. The C&B Specialist is an independent employee who introduces new processes, collects feedback about the performance of existing C&B processes and implements process improvements. In this role you will advise management and staff about performance management, HR policies, job evaluation, compensation, benefits, and international mobility. You will also be involved in the negotiations with trade unions.
Your main responsibilities:
- Building fair and attractive compensation and benefits plans that help Jumbo improve employee satisfaction and create a productive workplace for the office and offshore staff;
- Overseeing and supervising the organisation’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations;
- Evaluating and modifying existing compensation and benefits programs, policies, and procedures for the office and offshore staff;
- Developing and implementing new compensation and benefits programs, policies, and procedures for the office and offshore staff;
- Representing the employer with the trade union;
- Preparing budget proposals for the coming year and year end salary developments.
- A Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in HRM or Business Administration with a minimum of 10 years of experience within a HR department and at least 5 years work experience within C&B;
- Experience within the maritime industry is preferred;
- Experience within an international organisation;
- Experience with Unit-4 payroll software is preferred;
- Knowledge of job analysis and evaluation methodologies and grading programs (HAY);
- Knowledge of salary administrations;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Dutch.
- Strong and proven analytical skills;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Self-management skills;
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to successfully work in an internationally composed organisation;
- Team player.
Terms of employment:
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organisation that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy lifestyle both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sports teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits such as:
- The opportunity to work from home;
- A part-time employment contract is negotiable;
- A solid pension package;
- 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application:
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bert Reichgelt, Corporate Recruiter via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (6) 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protect your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link