Contracts Manager Legal
Jumbo’s project management department is involved in shipping and offshore construction projects from the preparation phase until execution. To strengthen the project management team Jumbo seeks a: Contracts Manager Legal.
As a Contracts Manager Legal, the key aspect of your role is independently providing continuous support on all contractual and legal matters within the project(s). Together with your co-workers from Legal, Engineering, QHSE, Technical Department and Operations you will, as a team, be responsible to bring your project(s) to successful completion. Every project within Jumbo is unique, ownership is key.
Although, you will be part of Jumbo’s project team, you will have a direct report to the General Counsel in Jumbo’s legal team. The present legal team within Jumbo consists of two enthusiastic legal professionals, supporting the full and complex maritime business in which Jumbo operates.
Are you looking for a varied and challenging job with an international company and do you dare to take the next step as Contracts Manager Legal?
Main responsibilities are:
• Day-to-day support and coaching of project management team in executing contract strategy (trusted adviser of the project managers);
• Management of the contractual requirements (contractual compliancy);
• Support on variations, including drafting/reviewing of variation orders;
• Support procurement team on all purchase and subcontracting items (incl. chartering of third party vessels);
• Managing local content such regulatory compliance, crewing, visa, labour, foreign assets etc. (mainly managing external advisors);
• Master of law (and business);
• Experience as a commercial contracts lawyer;
• Several years of relevant working experience;
• Shipping and offshore (installation) knowledge preferred (contracts of LOGIC, BIMCO and FIDIC);
• Command of the English language, mastery of the Dutch and German is language a pre.
• Analytical and creative thinking with a proactive attitude;
• Customer oriented and commercial acumen;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Pro-active and trusted professional.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• Flexible working hours;
• The opportunity to work from home;
• A solid pension package;
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Jonas Dijkstra, Corporate Recruiter, via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 396. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, can be sent to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link