Jumbo’s Finance & Control department is responsible for the financial administration and monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting. The order book of Jumbo is growing and becoming increasingly complex. To strengthen the Finance & Control department Jumbo is looking for a Controller Shipping.
You will be part of an international team of seven, managing the financial accounts of the projects assigned to you and supporting the Vessel and Project Managers as their financial business partner. You will report to the Manager Finance & Control.
Your main responsibilities:
• Monitoring and guarding the projects cash flow, budget development and flagging any deviations;
• Assisting and, if needed, challenging project management to maintain a clear, fact-based view on the financial health of a project;
• Forecasting of project results and discussing these with commercial and operational management;
• Finding Lessons Learned from previous projects;
• Aiding in all big decisions (e.g., large subcontracts) and reviewing the financial impact upfront, providing insight and assisting the decision-making process in relation to changes and variations in projects;
• Providing feedback and input to Commerce / Tenders;
• Recognising opportunities and risks within the project and quantifying them.
• BSc or MSc degree in Business Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy or similar;
• Approximately five years of relevant work experience as a (Business) Controller, preferably in an international, project oriented (maritime) environment;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required in Dutch and English.
• Proactive – You think about processes and are able to suggest and make improvements;
• Accurate – You have an eye for detail;
• Collaborative – You can operate independently, and you are also a valuable team player;
• Efficient – You make good, thorough, and careful use of time.
Terms of employment:
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organisation that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy lifestyle both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sports teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits such as:
• The opportunity to work from home;
• A solid pension package;
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bert Reichgelt, Corporate Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 (6) 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protect your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link