Functional Application Engineer - Fleet
Jumbo’s Fleet Management department is responsible for the full technical support of all vessels. The team consists of three Technical Superintendents and the Manager Fleet. To strengthen the Fleet Management team Jumbo is looking for a Functional Application Engineer (Fleet).
The Functional Application Engineer Fleet has the overall responsibility to maintain and ensure the availability and quality of all software applications used onboard Jumbo’s Heavy Lift vessels. This includes responsibility for keeping all used software applications onboard vessels operational, updated, and providing support to application users. The Functional Application Engineer coordinates and plans the (middle) long term maintenance of software applications and advises the crew onboard our vessels and the Fleet department when required.
Your main responsibilities:
• Managing the overall condition of all software applications onboard the vessels;
• Providing support and consultancy to the vessels related to any software application;
• Preparing (including detailed specification and focus on planning), organising, and executing software improvements;
• Overseeing the supervision of correct and cost-effective management of software installations and implementation;
• Working in close coordination with the ICT Fleet Engineers, ship crew and Vessel Superintendent;
• Ensuring that all applications are up to date;
• Implementing changes within the planned maintenance system on request;
• Ensuring that planned maintenance jobs take place and that all relevant data and spare parts are kept up to date;
• Providing training and education to software application users.
To expand the knowledge and experience of the Technical Team we are looking for candidates who are complementary to current team members, therefore we also invite candidates with a non-shipping/maritime background to apply.
• Technical, maritime or IT education with a minimum of two years relevant work experience;
• Fully conversant in English (verbally and in writing);
• Good knowledge of a wide variety of software applications, MS Office, modern Planned Maintenance Systems, Purchase systems and equipment related software and interface systems;
• Willingness to travel and spend time abroad, open to working irregular hours;
• Experience with STAR IPS or equivalent Planned Maintenance Systems.
• Good (project) organisation skills;
• Ability to work independently;
• Strong communication skills;
• Flexible, proactive and stress resistant.
Terms of employment:
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organisation that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy lifestyle both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sports teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits such as:
• The opportunity to work from home;
• A solid pension package;
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application:
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bert Reichgelt, Corporate Recruiter via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (6) 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protect your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link