HR Crew Coordinator
Jumbo’s HR department deals with a wide range of activities from strategic level to the day to day operations, including recruiting and staffing, compensation and benefits, training and learning and organization development. The department, also responsible for manning the vessels, is a diverse and enthusiastic team. To strengthen the HR Department Jumbo is looking for a HR Crew Coordinator.
As HR Crew Coordinator you are a member of the HR team and report to the Senior HR Crew Coordinator. The Crewing team consists of 2 HR Crew Coordinators working from their home office in The Netherlands or our office in Schiedam, and 2 Crew Coordinators in Manila, The Philippines. This vacant position of HR Crew Coordinator is for a minimum period of 1 year, with the possibility to become permanent after the first year.
The HR Crew Coordinator understands the hectic and operational environment and the importance of having qualified and experienced personnel on Jumbo’s heavy lift and offshore construction vessels. In the role of HR Crew Coordinator you have the opportunity to make impact. You’ll be responsible for the timely availability and quality of the crew, mainly focusing on the offshore projects within Jumbo. The HR Crew Coordinator is responsible for the planning of the crews on board the vessels in compliance with the defined crewing and vessel policies, regulations, and project-specific requirements. It’s a dynamic business which requires flexibility which keeps the work exciting and challenging.
Your main responsibilities are:
• Maintaining close contact with the Projects Department to stay informed about the requirements for crewing;
• Establish manning requirements through a solid manpower plan;
• Ensuring accurate and timely information and registration about planning and planning issues to the Project Department, applicable business partners and crew members;
• Ensuring pre-joining routines for joining crews are properly managed and sufficient time is allocated for assessment/evaluation, company inductions, visa application processes and company safety systems familiarizations;
• Ensuring that the vessel is manned with qualified, medically fit, and experienced seafarers and supervising compliance with the STCW convention;
• Ensure that all personnel joining the vessel has completed the required trainings before embarking according to Jumbo Training Plan and additional project requirements;
• Supervise the crew changes for allocated vessels, which are executed by Jumbo’s crewing team in Manila;
• Maintain close contact with 3rd parties joining the vessel. Assist them with visa applications, inform them about travel arrangements etc.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience with resources planning, preferably in a maritime crewing environment;
• Extensive knowledge of the relevant Maritime legislation including STCW 2010 (Manila amendments), MLC, SOLAS and Flag State Authority regulations;
• Good knowledge of MS Office and excellent verbal and written communication skills in
• Pro-active attitude and a hands-on mentality;
• Strong communication skills, able to talk to vessel crews with confidence and from a position of knowledge;
• Accurate and good planning and organizing skills;
• Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to successfully work in an internationally composed organization.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. It concerns a permanent position for initially one year with the opportunity to be extended. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• The opportunity to work from home;
• A solid pension package;
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bert Reichgelt, Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 (6) 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protect your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link