At Jumbo Engineers are specialists and generalists at the same time. You are based in Houston as the Project Managers “right hand” ensuring local contact with our customers and subcontractors on a regular basis. Your imagination and expertise are needed to develop the best and most innovative solutions. This makes your job at Jumbo interesting and varied.
Jumbo Engineers are extremely eager to learn and they embrace new colleagues who will bring new experience to the table. Every project within Jumbo is unique, ownership is key. Are you looking for a varied and challenging job with an international company and do you dare to take the next step? Lift us up and apply for this vacancy!
The main responsibilities are:
- The overall responsibility for the management of all subcontractors on a project;
- Reports to the project manager and the section lead project engineering;
- Close contact with external Clients, subcontractors, suppliers and departments within the Jumbo organization.
- B.sc/M.sc degree (i.e. Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering).
- 8 years of experience with engineering of offshore projects, whereof at least 5 years of proven experience with leading (project) engineers at a major offshore construction contractor.
- A generalist engineer who has extensive experience in Installation Engineering (Heavy Lifting, Heavy Transport, Subsea Construction) or a related engineering background.
- Good (technical) project management skills.
- Sensitivity for and able to effectively manage internal processes.
- Contract awareness; able to identify and when required escalate scope changes towards Project and Engineering Management.
- Fully conversant in English (verbally and in writing).
- Flexible, self-motivated and pro-active.
- Keen and analytical
- Customer oriented
- Leadership and coaching skills.
- Planning & organizing skills
- Good communication skills and able to motivate others and give feedback.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
- A solid pension package.
- 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Christel Diepenhorst, Manager HRM via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 300. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent until 18 May 2018, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link