As a Manager Purchasing, Subcontracting and Equipment, you will manage all aspects of purchasing to efficiently and cost-effectively support organizational operations. The job includes the following:
• Ensuring complete and correct delivery of all required materials at location.
• Manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability.
• Negotiate and agree contracts and monitoring the quality of service provided.
• Optimizing the processes and integration of procurement, subcontracting and equipment management.
• Managing the department budget in an effective way.
• Leading the team by setting objectives, monitoring employees’ performance and conducting performance reviews.
• Bachelor in a logistical or technical background.
• Knowledge of ships equipment in general.
• Knowledge of English/German language both written and spoken.
• Knowledge of transport market (sea/ air/ road).
• Knowledge of the offshore construction industry.
• Understanding of Supply Chain Management.
• At least 10 years’ experience in Maritime Supply Chain industry.
Competencies and Skills
• Managerial skills
• A flair for negotiation and networking
• Commercial awareness
• Flexible, enthusiastic and stress resistant team player.
• Excellent organizational and communicative skills, both verbal and in writing.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• The opportunity to work from home.
• A solid pension package.
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Christel Diepenhorst, Manager HRM via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 300. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent until 6 May 2019, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link