Jumbo Engineers are extremely eager to learn and they embrace experience new colleagues will bring to the table. Every project within Jumbo is unique, ownership is key. Are you looking for a varied and challenging job with an international company and do you dare to take the next step? Lift us up and apply for this vacancy!
As Marine Engineer you will:
• Work within a project team;
• Perform and report high quality analysis for offshore installation projects and heavy lift transports:
• Dynamic installation analysis
• Expected ship motions during voyages
• Workability assessments
• Mooring analysis
• Stability calculations
• Bollard pull calculations
• Station keeping analysis
• Report and highlight critical activities to Project Manager and Lead Engineer;
• Give input during the tender and project phase on installation (work) procedures based on performed analysis;
• Manage hydrostatic and hydrodynamic ship data and metocean data;
• Share knowledge regarding vessel stability and motions and assist other departments in related issues;
• Liaise with clients and subcontractors on hydrodynamic issues;
• Quality check (QC) of third-party project documents;
• Office-based and occasionally on board project support during offshore execution.
• Educated to B.sc or M.sc level (i.e.Naval Architecture or equivalent);
• Experience in a similar function is beneficial;
• Extensive knowledge of vessel stability and hydrodynamics;
• Knowledge and experience in marine engineering (lifting, transportation and installation);
• Knowledge of engineering aspects in the (subsea) offshore industry and/or the heavy lifting business;
• Knowledge of Orcaflex and Safetrans is beneficial;
• Basic knowledge of AutoCAD;
• Ability to adapt to the Jumbo standards and way of working;
• Willing to travel and provide on-board support during the execution of projects;
• Ability to work in a project team and across multiple projects;
• Fully conversant in English (verbally and in writing).
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• The opportunity to work from home.
• A solid pension package.
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Christel Diepenhorst, Manager HRM via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 300. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent until 8 July 2019, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link