Jumbo’s Engineering department is involved in projects from the preparation phase until execution of the project. To strengthen the Engineering Department Jumbo seeks a: Marine Engineer.
At Jumbo, Engineers are specialists and generalists at the same time. Your imagination and expertise are needed to develop the best and most innovative solutions. This makes your job at Jumbo interesting and varied.
Jumbo Engineers are extremely eager to learn and they embrace new colleagues who will bring new experience to the table. Every project within Jumbo is unique, ownership is key. Are you looking for a varied and challenging job with an international company and do you dare to take the next step? Lift us up and apply for this vacancy!
The main responsibilities are:
• Performing hydrostatic and hydrodynamic analyses, such as transportation analysis and lift, launch and upend analyses;
• Performing motion response analyses;
• Performing offshore workability assessments based on offshore environmental data, vessel capabilities and installation limitations;
• Getting acquainted with discipline related work processes, software, guidelines, and standards.
• Bsc. or Msc. degree in Naval Architecture or Offshore-/ Marine Engineering.
• 0 to 4 years of experience, preferably in Offshore Transport & Installation.
• Basic knowledge of marine engineering and vessel dynamics.
• Basic knowledge of structural engineering and subsea installation engineering are a plus.
• Basic knowledge AutoCAD.
• Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing.
• Goal-orientated problem solver.
• Social team player with hands-on attitude.
• Pro-active coordinator.
• Ability to prioritize.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• The opportunity to work from home.
• A solid pension package.
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Jonas Dijkstra, Corporate Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 396. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, can be sent to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link