Project Controller Shipping
Would you like to be our financial sparring partner for complex shipping projects?
Jumbo’s Finance & Control Department is responsible for the financial administration and the monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting. Jumbo is separated into two divisions: Shipping & Offshore. Both divisions are growing fast and becoming increasingly more complex. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Project Controller Shipping.
The Shipping Division is responsible for small but complex projects and requires financial structure and control. It is your responsibility to become a financial sparring partner to the Project Manager and Vessel Manager. On the other hand, you must always be in control. It is your goal to deliver excellent and accurate forecasts to internal stakeholders. You will report to the Manager Finance & Control.
The person we are looking for is proactive, accurate, collaborative and stress resistant. You think about processes and can suggest innovative solutions and make improvements. You have an eye for detail. And, you make good, thorough, and careful use of time. The challenge in this role is to forecast the shipping voyages (projects) as accurate as possible and inform the internal organization accordingly.
Your main responsibilities:
• Monitoring the progress of multiple voyages (projects) in the range of € 0,5m to € 5m;
• Proactively interact with Project Managers to always have up-to-date insight into the expected results of the projects;
• Identifying opportunities and risks and translating them into impactful results;
• Forecasting of voyage results and discussing them with commercial and operational management;
• Supporting Purchasing with large subcontracts and reviewing the financial impact upfront;
• Providing feedback and input to Commerce and Tenders.
• BSc or MSc degree in Business Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy or similar;
• Approximately five years of relevant work experience as a Project Controller, preferably in an international, project oriented (maritime) environment;
• Experience with Exact Globe and STAR FSM software is preferred;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in Dutch and English.
Terms of employment:
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organisation that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy lifestyle both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sports teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits such as:
• The opportunity to work from home;
• A solid pension package;
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bert Reichgelt, Corporate Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 (6) 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protect your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link