QHSE Engineer (Marine)
The QHSE Engineer is the link between the office and the vessel for safety related topics. He/she advises the vessel on new regulations, monitor implementation, and train the crew in working safely.
Jumbo QHSE engineers have a high standard with regard to safety, and are pro-active to avoid incidents. They continuously improve our way of working. Are you looking for a varied and challenging job with an international company and do you dare to take the next step? Lift us up and apply for this vacancy!
The main responsibilities are:
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of the Jumbo Management System.
- Acts as trainer/coach for QHSE related matters for both office and vessel personnel.
- Monitor the level of implementation of the management system on board the vessels by: scheduling, conducting and reporting of internal audits and inspections (ISM, ISPS, ILO, ISO, OHSAS, client) on vessels in accordance with the appropriate plan(s).
- Provide feedback on all QHSE related matters (incidents and audits) to the vessels.
- Lead Incident Investigation Teams and conducting Incident Investigations.
- Organize, evaluate and monitor follow-up of emergency drills and exercises.
- Keep up to date with latest developments in QHSE standards and legislation, keeping office and vessel personnel informed as appropriate.
- MBO/HBO Technical, Nautical or Safety related education.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a DPA/Safety Officer.
- Experience with QHSE management systems.
- Knowledge of industry standards such as ISO9001, OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISM, ISPS, MLC preferred.
- Fluent in English both verbally and in writing.
- Good presentation and training skills.
- Good reporting and administrative skills.
- Ability to work in a multinational team environment and willing to travel internationally.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Capable to advocate the company QHSE policy and system.
- Flexible, self-motivated and pro-active.
- Good communication skills and able to motivate others and give feedback.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. It concerns a temporary position for initially one year with the opportunity to be extended. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
- The opportunity to work from home.
- A solid pension package.
- 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Christel Diepenhorst, Manager HRM via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 300. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent until 14 June 2019, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link