QHSE Engineer Projects
Jumbo’s QHSE department is responsible for the company management system, for compliance with ISM/ISPS/MLC and advising on safe working practices for both company as projects. To strengthen the QHSE Department Jumbo seeks a QHSE Engineer (Projects).
The QHSE engineer will support the projects with QHSE related topics and will challenge the project on QHSE related matters, initiate improvements and define risk reducing measures. The QHSE engineer will align with client and subcontractor in order to implement the safest way of working for the project.
Your main responsibilities are:
• Lead the team of QHSE Engineers / HSE Officers assigned to the specific offshore project;
• Improve QHSE awareness and knowledge within Jumbo;
• Execution and facilitation of audits, safety surveys, recommendation of (corrective) actions, follow-up and close-out for offshore projects;
• Compliancy of vessels with project requirements;
• Identify and encourage QA and HSSE improvement actions.
• Monitor regulatory changes, organizational changes or changes in company activities, and translate these into advice to DM and PM to assure QHSE compliance and zero incident culture in current and future projects;
• Develop and maintain standard Jumbo project tools (documents, methods, strategies, training etc.) to improve our way of working and project efficiency;
• Encourage others to have a high-quality working standard and a high level of safety in the working environment.
• Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO45001, ISO14001, ISM, ISPS, MLC CMID, OVID etc.;
• Affinity with the maritime and offshore industry;
• Good knowledge of the English language (verbally and in writing);
• Project QHSE experience (preferably obtained in the Upstream Oil & Gas industry);
• 5-10 years of experience in a similar position;
• Ability to initiate and lead RCA investigations;
• HSE Training (e.g. HVK);
• ISO 9001/ISO45001/ISO14001 Lead Auditor Experience of implementing unsafe Act Auditing Schemes (STOP, ASA, OOG, etc.);
• Experience of implementing Behavior / Culture Based Safety Management schemes;
• Familiar with good safe working practices with respect to lifting and hoisting equipment, slinging of loads, working at height, confined space entries, stored energy, PPE, COSHH, etc.
• Capable to advocate the company QHSE policy and system;
• Flexible, self-motivated and pro-active;
• Excellent communication skills, presentation and facilitator skills;
• Pro-active coordinator, with the ability to set priorities;
• Social team player with hands-on attitude;
• Ability to provide practical advice and hands-on solutions;
• Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to successfully work in an internationally composed organization.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. It concerns a permanent position for initially one year with the opportunity to be extended. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• The opportunity to work from home.
• A solid pension package.
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bert Reichgelt, Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 (6) 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link