Regional Commercial Manager
The Regional Commercial Manager combines Sales and Business Development tasks for a specific region or product group. Within this area it will be your task to maintain excellent relations with our existing customer network but also actively identify future business opportunities and therewith expanding our network / market share in the maritime heavy lift industry, ensuring that Jumbo receives the invitation to tender and then positioning Jumbo so that a favorable bid can be submitted.
Challenges in this job are a constantly changing industrial landscape, technically complex cargo, no fixed sailing schedules or trading routes (tramping), no standard rates and a highly competitive niche market.
You will be an integral part of a dedicated commercial team within Jumbo’s headquarters in Schiedam or Bremen, foreign Jumbo offices and an international agency network.
• Manage the client relationships in a geographical area in close coordination with an international agency network;
• Stay in regular contact with customers, foreign Jumbo offices and commercial agents of the assigned regions;
• Proactively canvas and solicit special cargo for Jumbo’s heavy lift vessels;
• Handle day to day freight inquiries and liaise with operations and technical department for input as the need arises;
• Responsible for negotiating freight rates and contract details, tariffs and conditions and present firm offers to clients;
• Visit clients, alone or together with a local jumbo representative;
• Liaise with operations, engineering, QHSE and communications/marketing departments to safeguard smooth execution of the contracted works;
• Stay fully updated on market and competitors’ activities, trends, fixtures and contracted heavy lift cargo in the assigned area and inform your team accordingly.
• Proactively develop new customers with the aim of growing accounts;
• Full time FTE (37.5hrs) Schiedam or Full time FTE (40.0hrs) Bremen
• 5+ years of experience in a commercial role in preferably in the MPP or HL Segment
• A proven track record of securing sales and business opportunities.
• Great listening and communication skills in English.
• Pleasure in traveling (approx. 6-8 business trips per year).
• A strong personality but flexible enough to be a team player and develop strong interpersonal working relationships.
• Initiative and a creative mind.
• Analytical strong, results orientation, drive to win.
• Able to liaise at all levels of an organization both internally and externally.
• Enthusiasm to work in an international commercial team and with clients from around the world.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• A solid pension package.
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The Job Activity to be either in Jumbo’s Head Office in Schiedam or Bremen.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Jonas Dijkstra, Corporate Recruiter via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 300.Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent until including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link