Senior Project Controller
Jumbo’s Finance & Control department is responsible for the financial administration and monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting. The order book of Jumbo Offshore is growing and becoming increasingly complex. Therefore Jumbo seeks a Senior Project Controller.
You will be an addition to the international team of 7 and manage the financial accounts of the assigned project(s) and support the Project Manager as the financial business partner. You will work under the direction of the Manager Finance & Control.
Your main responsibilities include:
• Know the project and contract inside out
• Monitor and guard the projects cash flow, budget development and signal deviations
• Help and, if needed, challenge project management to maintain a clear, fact based view on the financial health of a project
• Dig out Lessons Learned from previous projects
• Be involved in all big decisions (e.g. large subcontracts) to review financial impact up front, providing insight and aiding the decision making process in changes and variations in projects
• Provide feedback and input to Commerce / Tenders
• Recognize opportunities and risks within the project and quantify those
• Bsc or Msc degree in Business Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy or similar.
• At least 5-7 years of relevant work experience as a Project Controller, preferably in an international (maritime) environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required in both Dutch and English.
• Willingness to travel occasionally.
• Proactive – thinks about processes, able to suggest and make improvements.
• Accurate – has an eye for detail.
• Team player – you can operate on your own and as member of a team.
• Efficient – makes good, thorough and careful use of time.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• The opportunity to work from home.
• A solid pension package.
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Jonas Dijkstra, Corporate Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 396. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, can be sent to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link