Senior Project Engineer
Jumbo’s Offshore Engineering department deals with the design and preparation of engineering solutions for handling the transportation and installation of cargo both onshore and offshore. To strengthen the Engineering Department, Jumbo is looking for a Senior Project Engineer.
As a Sr. Project Engineer, you are a specialist and a generalist at the same time. You are involved in challenging projects from the preparation phase through to the execution phase. You work in close contact with other departments and with our clients. We need your expertise and imagination to develop the best and most innovative solutions.
Every project within Jumbo is unique, and ownership is key. This makes for a fulfilling job at Jumbo that is both interesting and varied. As Sr. Project Engineer, you will also have the opportunity to visit and support offshore projects worldwide. Are you ready for such a varied and challenging job within our international company?
Your main responsibilities:
• Directing complex technical projects and tenders;
• Managing the performance of the engineering team. Including planning, allocation of workload to other members of the team, progress reporting and signaling resource requirements;
• Leading a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
• Defining subcontracted work and managing progress and performance;
• Creating a structure that enables members of the team to excel;
• Maintaining close contact with the client and monitoring out of scope work.
• A Bachelor or Master degree (i.e. Mechanical or Civil Engineering or Naval Architecture);
• 10 years of experience with engineering or offshore projects, with at least 5 years of experience in a coordinating/managerial role;
• An all-round engineer with experience in heavy lifting and an affinity with steel constructions;
• A social team player with strong communication skills.
• Proactive, entrepreneurial attitude and a hands-on mentality;
• Good planning and organisational skills;
• Strong interpersonal and managerial skills enabling you to successfully work with team;
members, subcontractors, project managers and clients;
• Flexible, reliable. and customer oriented.
Terms of employment:
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organisation that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. This vacancy concerns a permanent position for initially one year with the opportunity to be extended. Jumbo stimulates a healthy lifestyle both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits such as:
• The opportunity to work from home;
• A solid pension package;
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and Application:
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bert Reichgelt, Corporate Recruiter via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (6) 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protect your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link