Senior Project Planner
Jumbo’s project department is involved in shipping and offshore construction projects from the preparation phase until execution. To strengthen the project management team Jumbo seeks a Sr. Project Planner.
The project management team within Jumbo consists of an enthusiastic group of Planners, Project Managers and Document Controllers. Together with your co-workers from Engineering, Purchasing, QHSE, Technical Department and Operations you will, as a team, be responsible to bring our projects to successful completion. Every project within Jumbo is unique, ownership is key. Are you looking for a varied and challenging job within an international organization?
As a Sr. Project Planner, you have ownership over project- and portfolio planning. This already starts in the tender phase where sharp planning is key in our bids being successful. Based on your complete and insightful overview (Project) Management and other stakeholders can make their decisions. Your efforts are therefore a crucial part in the process of delivering successful projects. Furthermore, you will develop the discipline of planning within Jumbo to become mature, working to standards and deliver fit for purpose results. To make this a success you will maintain the overview of all planning activities and coordinate the project planners to make sure that all is delivered in time.
Your main responsibilities are:
• Set-up, control and maintain planning for tenders, projects and vessel portfolio;
• Actively contribute to improve our way of working, within the projects but also as a company in general;
• Day-to-day coordination of the planning activities and lead the project planners;
• Indicate planning resource requirements;
• Prepare reports as per client or based on cost controlling or other Jumbo requirements;
• Contact with Internal stakeholders and subcontractors on progress achieved for inclusion into reports.
• You have a relevant bachelor’s degree preferable in the economical, technical or logistical field;
• At least 5 years of project planning experience, preferably in a maritime environment;
• Fluent in English language, both verbal and in writing;
• Strong proficiency with MS Office package and MS Projects;
• Experience with Primavera is preferred;
• Pro-active team player with hands-on attitude.
• Strong communicator who can bring multiple disciplines together;
• Social team player with hands-on attitude;
• Pro-active organizer who sets priorities within project planning.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy lifestyle both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• The opportunity to work from home;
• A solid pension package;
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bert Reichgelt, Corporate Recruiter, via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (0)6 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, can be sent to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link