Jumbo’s Purchasing, Subcontracting and Equipment department is responsible for the procurement and transportation of materials, subcontracting of equipment and services and managing the equipment availability and inspection. To strengthen the Purchasing Department Jumbo is looking for a Subcontract Coordinator.
As a Subcontract Coordinator, you will manage all aspects of purchasing to efficiently and cost-effectively support organizational operations.
The job includes the following:
• Ensuring complete and correct delivery of all required materials at (project) location;
• Negotiate and conclude third party charter contracts in collaboration with the operations, projects and legal department and monitor proper compliance with the contracts;
• Manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability;
• Negotiate and agree contracts and monitoring the quality of service provided;
• Define requirements, draft tender packages and handover of subcontracts and ensure proper handover to budget owner and internal stakeholders for smooth execution of the subcontract;
• Review and negotiate legal qualifications, in corporation with the Legal Department, where necessary for issues regarding liabilities, penalties, insurances and taxes;
• Actively analyze market developments for relevant goods and services, as applicable to Company’s requirements;
• Incorporate Jumbo’s safety and environment policies in daily tasks.
• Bachelor or Master, preferably within a logistical or technical background;
• At least 5 years of experience in a relevant position;
• Nevi or related purchasing education is preferred;
• Experience in the Maritime industry;
• Experience with charter parties is preferred;
• A mastery of the English language, both written and spoken;
• Knowledge of logistics;
• Knowledge of the offshore construction industry.
Competencies and skills
• A flair for negotiation and networking;
• Commercial awareness;
• Flexible, enthusiastic and stress resistant team player;
• In depth knowledge of the relevant markets: vendors, conditions and pricing;
• Excellent organizational and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• The opportunity to work from home;
• A solid pension package;
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Recruiter Bert Reichgelt at email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (0)6 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements and can be sent including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link