As Draftsman Tenders your main responsibilities will be the preparation of drawings for the Offshore Tender Engineering Section. As such you are expected to bring forward proposals and initiate ideas together with Tender Engineers to find solutions for new projects. You are a true professional and realize our drawings are the first impression towards our customer and you take pride in delivering the winning tender deliverables.
The prepared drawings are for visualization of our proposals and include for example:
- deck layouts;
- lifting and rigging plans;
- clash checks and operational plans;
- 3D models for brochures and presentations.
The Draftsman Tenders is further expected to:
- Translate the idea’s and methods of the Tender Manager or Tender Engineer into a concept drawing.
- Contribute to developing project method statements and execution methodology.
- Checking his or her own deliverables, from both a technical and an artistic viewpoint.
- Provide and discuss alternatives and possibilities within the tender team.
- MBO/ B.sc degree or equivalent (i.e. Mechanical or Civil Engineering or Naval Architecture);
- 3 years of experience in marine industry in a similar job;
- good understanding of 2D and 3D CAD software;
- extensive AutoCAD skills;
- knowledge of and experienced in Inventor;
- basic engineering knowledge is advantageous;
- experience in offshore installation is advantageous;
- competent in working with MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- fully conversant in English (verbally and in writing).
- social team player with hands-on attitude;
- good interaction skills and pro-active mentality;
- ability to work in a project team and across multiple projects;
- able to plan own work and deliver in time;
- perform a check on your own work – first time right.
- able to work according strict deadlines and deliver high quality drawings according to the required standard;
- keen and analytical.
We welcome additional capabilities in 2D and 3D visualization programs (Sketch-up, Animation programs etc.).
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
- The opportunity to work from home.
- A solid pension package.
- 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Christel Diepenhorst, Senior HR Advisor via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 300. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent until
13 July 2018, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link