Junior Installation Engineer
At Jumbo Engineers are specialists and generalists at the same time. You are in contact with our customers on a regular basis. Your imagination and expertise are needed to develop the best and most innovative solutions. This makes your job at Jumbo interesting and varied.
Jumbo Engineers are extremely eager to learn and they embrace new colleagues who will bring new experience to the table. Every project within Jumbo is unique, ownership is key. Are you looking for a varied and challenging job with an international company and do you dare to take the next step? Lift us up and apply for this vacancy!
The main responsibilities are:
• Responsible for the performance of installation engineering; work method determination, deck lay out set up, installation calculations (stability, strength etc.);
• prepare the installation (work) procedures based upon the mentioned analysis;
• solve problems and come up with creative ideas to reach the goals set;
• liaise with the clients on technical issues and liaise with the Projects Department and vessel marine crew on operational issues;
• support the vessel during the vessel mobilization, demobilization and offshore project execution.
• Bsc. or Msc. degree (i.e. Mechanical or Civil Engineering or Naval Architecture);
• 0-2 years (applicable) experience in marine industry, preferably in sub sea construction;
• general knowledge of the offshore industry, basic knowledge of rules & regulations applicable to offshore transportation & installation works;
• basic knowledge of marine engineering, structural engineering, vessel dynamics and sub sea installation engineering;
• basic knowledge of AutoCAD;
• fluent English both verbal and writing;
• valid work permit;
• knowledge of Orca Flex and Naval Architecture skills would be an advantage.
• Flexible, self-motivated and pro-active.
• Keen and analytical
• Customer oriented
• Social team player with hands-on attitude
• Planning & organizing skills
• Good communication skills
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• The opportunity to work from home.
• A solid pension package.
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Christel Diepenhorst, Manager HRM via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 300. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent until17 August 2018, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link