Project Engineer Shipping
At Jumbo Engineers are specialists and generalists at the same time. You are in contact with our customers on a regular basis. Your imagination and expertise are needed to develop the best and most innovative solutions. This makes your job at Jumbo interesting and varied.
Jumbo Engineers are extremely eager to learn and they embrace new colleagues who will bring new experience to the table. Every project within Jumbo is unique, ownership is key. Are you looking for a varied and challenging job with an international company and do you dare to take the next step? Lift us up and apply for this vacancy!
The main responsibilities are:
- Produce the right quality engineering deliverables such as stowage plans, lifting plans, sea fastening calculations and drawings and prepare technical documents within budget and on time.
- Reports to the project manager and the lead engineer shipping.
- Maintains contact with the client regarding engineering aspects.
- Provides (on-site) support during load-out and discharge operations.
- Work closely together with other disciplines, e.g. operations and commerce, as required to ensure flawless preparation and execution.
- Perform technical sales solution for the commercial team.
- Occasional international, work related travel.
- B.sc/M.sc degree (i.e. Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering).
- 5+ years of engineering experience in shipping projects.
- Ability to perform and assess structural calculations and designs including knowledge of associated rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of marine engineering (vessel stability and motion analyses) and associated rules and regulations.
- Show commitment to the quality procedures of Jumbo.
- Ability to work on more than one project simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Autocad and MS Office.
- Fully conversant in English (verbally and in writing).
- Flexible, self-motivated and pro-active.
- Keen and analytical
- Customer oriented
- Social team player with hands-on attitude
- Leadership and commitment.
- Planning & organizing skills
- Good communication skills
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
- The opportunity to work from home.
- A solid pension package.
- 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Christel Diepenhorst, Senior HR Advisor via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 300. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent until 17 July 2017, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link