Sales Manager / Chartering Manager
As Sales Manager within Jumbo you will be responsible for developing a designated geographical area in the world. Within this area it will be your task to maintain excellent relations with our existing customer network but also actively identify future business opportunities and therewith expanding our network / market share in the maritime heavy lift industry.
You will hunt for project or break bulk cargoes. After acquiring the sales lead you will be actively involved in liaising with several departments to establish feasibility and to obtain budgets to base your indication / firm offer on. You will negotiate freight rates and contract details. After successful conclusion of the negotiations you will be responsible for a smooth handover of the contracted scope of work to the operations department.
Challenges in this job: constantly changing industrial landscape / technically more complex cargo, no fixed sailing / trading routes (tramping), no standard rates and a highly competitive niche market.
You will form an integral part of a dedicated chartering team which consist of sales managers within Jumbo’s headquarters, foreign Jumbo offices and an international agency network.
• proactively canvas and solicit special cargo for Jumbo’s heavy lift vessels;
• handle day to day freight inquiries and liaise with operations department for
operational/technical input as the need arises;
• responsible for negotiating freight rates and contract details, tariffs and conditions and
present firm offers to clients;
• manage the client relationships in a geographical area in close coordination with an
international agency network;
• stay in regular contact with customers, foreign Jumbo offices and commercial agents of
the assigned regions;
• visit clients, alone or together with a local Jumbo representative;
• liaise with operation, engineering, QHSE and communications/marketing departments to
safeguard smooth execution of the contracted works;
• stay fully updated on market and competitors’ activities, trends, fixtures and contracted
heavy lift cargo in the assigned area and inform your team accordingly.
• Bachelors degree in technical education.
• 5+ years of experience in a commercial role (i.e. shipbroker, chartering manager,
forwarder, traffic manager);
• a proven track record of securing sales and business opportunities;
• knowledge of the break bulk / project shipping industry / tramping;
• sound knowledge of generally accepted BIMCO shipping contracts;
• access to a relevant business network;
• great listening and communication skills in English;
• pleasure in traveling (approx. 10-12 short business trips per year).
• a strong personality but flexible enough to be a team player;
• initiative and a creative mind;
• analytical strong, results orientation, drive to win;
• able to liaise at all levels of an organization both internally and externally;
• negotiation skills.
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation of engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift
Transport. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independentcompany with a long-term vision for
success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long-term strategies and the notion that, in this highly specialized and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet. Visit www.jumbomaritime.nl and learn more about our organization, clients and capabilities.
Jumbo is a family owned company, with committed people with a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is
reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners
looking for the best solution. Jumbo is and strivesto be a responsible partner focused on the
health and safety of all its stakeholders; we have developed our own Stay Well program to secure our leading position.
A challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear
vision for the future and regards loyalty, reliability, safety and quality as its distinctive features.
Jumbo supports a healthy life style both in and outof the office. Besides our excellent fringe
benefits Jumbo offers competitive salaries as well.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this position, you can apply via our website: www.jumbojobs.nl. For more information in regards to this position you can contact Mrs. Christel Diepenhorst via email@example.com or via telephone number +31(0) 10 7900300.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link