As a Senior Draftsman your main responsibilities will be the preparation of drawings and deliver the best quality of drafting work by coaching, supporting and motivating the team. Typical deliverable can be:
- deck layouts;
- lifting and rigging plans;
- grillage and sea fastening plans and operational plans;
- story boards for loading and discharge procedures;
- clash checks.
You work independently on a specified scope and are expected to bring forward proposals and initiate ideas to find solutions to resolve problems.Together with the rest of the drafting team you are expected to contribute to maintaining and improving the quality of drafting works through collaboration with and by providing support and guidance to colleagues. In the position of Senior Draftsman you have to be aware of the relevant legislation, codes and standards and ensure compliance with the same.
A pro-active attitude is required to acquire the relevant information required to perform the job, incorporate lessons learned from previous projects into your own work and identify and act on needs within the department.
- MBO/ BSc degree or equivalent (i.e. Mechanical or Civil Engineering or Naval Architecture);
- >5 years of experience in maritime industry in a similar job;
- Experience with mentoring, coaching and motivating;
- extensive knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD software;
- excellent AutoCAD 2D and 3D skills;
- excellent Inventor skills;
- experienced in Factory Design, Product Design, Vault;
- basic engineering knowledge;
- fully conversant in English (verbal and in writing).
- excellent team player with hands-on attitude;
- good coaching skills;
- good communicator and able to give objective feedback;
- pro-active mentality;
- takes initiative and sees improvements;
- ability to plan and perform your work across multiple projects;
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
- The opportunity to work from home.
- A solid pension package.
- 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Christel Diepenhorst, Senior HR Advisor via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 300. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link