As a Structural Engineer, you will be working for the Shipping, Offshore as well as the New Building department. Within a project team, you are responsible for analyzing structural cases for the Jumbo fleet and designing solutions such as structural modifications in the ship’s structure, load spreading devices, etcetera.
Jumbo Engineers are extremely eager to learn and they embrace new colleagues who will bring new experience to the table. Every project within Jumbo is unique, ownership is key. Are you looking for a varied and challenging job with an international company and do you dare to take the next step? Lift us up and apply for this vacancy!
The main responsibilities are:
• You analyze the project needs and prepare the detailed scope of work and planning for all relevant tasks;
• The preparation of the design calculations (and reports) for all structural design work within the scope, budget and schedule;
• You preform detailed calculations by using hand calculations and FEM analysis and adhere to the given approaches and standards;
• The training and mentoring of Junior Engineers;
• Actively initiate, set up and improve the departmental procedures, tools and standards;
• You are accountable for the quality of your work concerning the structural design, integrity assessment and the reporting to the Lead Engineer or the Project Manager;
• You are involved with the fabrication and installation of the structure;
• Besides the structural aspect, you also actively participate in the project scopes concerning the following topics: hydrostatics, ship motions, lifting, rigging and sea fastening designs.
• B.sc/M.sc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Offshore Engineering or Naval Architecture;
• 5 years or more work experience in structural design and /or analysis work experiences;
• Proficient in understanding structural design principles;
• Experience with Ansys APDL is an asset;
• Solid knowledge of rules and regulations within the codes and standards of DNV, LR. ABS, etcetera;
• Basis knowledge of codes such as AWS, ASME and Eurocode;
• Basic knowledge of the Shipping and Offshore industry, particularly Heavy Lift;
• You are able to read drawings and sketches and do hand calculations for simple structures;
• Fluently in written and spoken English.
• Flexible, self-motivated and pro-active;
• Keen and analytical;
• Customer oriented;
• Social team player with hands-on attitude;
• Planning & organizing skills;
• Good communication skills.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• The opportunity to work from home.
• A solid pension package.
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Christel Diepenhorst (HR Manager) or Jorna Los (HR Advisor) via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 300. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link