Vacancy: Buyer Subcontracting
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation providing engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transportation and Offshore Installation. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long-term strategies, and the notion that, in this highly specialised and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet. Visit www.jumbomaritime.nl and learn more about our organisation, clients, and capabilities.
Jumbo is a family-owned company, with committed people who have a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners, always looking for the best solution. With the Stay Well program Jumbo strives to be a responsible partner focused on the health and safety of all its stakeholders.
Jumbo’s Purchasing, Subcontracting and Equipment department is responsible for the procurement and transportation of materials, subcontracting of equipment and services and managing the equipment availability and inspection. To strengthen the Purchasing Department Jumbo is looking for a Buyer Subcontracting.
- Ensuring complete and correct delivery of all required materials at (project) location;
- Negotiate and conclude third party charter contracts in collaboration with the operations, projects and legal department and monitor proper compliance with the contracts;
- Manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity, and reliability;
- Negotiate and agree contracts and monitoring the quality of service provided;
- Define requirements, draft tender packages and handover of subcontracts and ensure proper handover to budget owner and internal stakeholders for smooth execution of the subcontract;
- Review and negotiate legal qualifications, in corporation with the Legal Department, where necessary for issues regarding liabilities, penalties, insurances and taxes;
- Actively analyze market developments for relevant goods and services, as applicable to Company’s requirements;
- Incorporate Jumbo’s safety and environment policies in daily tasks.
- Bachelor or Master, preferably within a technical background;
- At least 1 to 3 years of experience in a relevant position;
- Nevi or related purchasing education is preferred;
- Experience with charter parties is preferred;
- A good command of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Knowledge of logistics;
- Knowledge of the offshore construction industry.
- A flair for negotiation and networking;
- Commercial awareness;
- Flexible, enthusiastic and stress resistant team player;
- In depth knowledge of the relevant markets: vendors, conditions, and pricing;
- Excellent organizational and communicative skills.
- A solid pension package;
- Hybrid working possibilities;
- 28 paid leave days a year and possibilities for unpaid leave;
- Make use of fitness facilities at Jumbo Schiedam.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every month you are welcome to join the Thursday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Applications (in English) should respond specifically to the requirements including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/career/)
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.