Vacancy: CAD Designer
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation providing engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transportation and Offshore Installation. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long- term strategies, and the notion that, in this highly specialised and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet.
Jumbo is a family-owned company, with committed people who have a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners, always looking for the best solution. With the Stay Well program Jumbo strives to be a responsible partner focused on the health and safety of all its stakeholders.
At Jumbo you will be involved in the preparation and execution phases of our projects and give support to the Commercial Department. To strengthen our team Jumbo seeks a CAD Designer.
You work independently on a specified scope and are expected to bring forward proposals and initiate ideas to find solutions to problems. You are aware of the relevant legislation, codes and standards and ensure compliancy with these.
A pro-active attitude is required to incorporate lessons learned from previous projects into your own work and identify and act on drafting needs within the department.
- deck layouts;
- lifting and rigging plans;
- grillage and sea fastening plans;
- story boards and operational plans;
- clash checks;
- 3d models for brochures and presentations.
- MBO+ or Bachelor (i.e. Mechanical or Civil Engineering or Naval Architecture or Maritime Technology);
- 3+ years of experience in marine industry in a similar job;
- good understanding of 2D and 3D CAD software;
- extensive AutoCAD skills;
- knowledge of and experienced in Inventor with Vault is advantageous;
- basic engineering knowledge is advantageous;
- fully conversant in English (verbally and in writing).
- social team player with hands-on attitude;
- good interaction skills and pro-active mentality;
- ability to work in a project team and across multiple projects;
- able to plan own work and deliver in time;
- perform a check on your own work – first time right;
- deliver high quality drawings according to the required standards and deadlines;
- keen and analytical.
We welcome additional capabilities in 2D and 3D visualization programs (Autodesk Inventor, Animation programs etc.).
- The opportunity for hybrid working.
- A solid pension package.
- 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bas Bieckmann, Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 6 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via the application form below.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.