Vacancy: Corporate Recruiter
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation of engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transport. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long-term strategies, and the notion that, in this highly specialized and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet.
Visit www.jumbomaritime.nl and learn more about our organization, clients, and capabilities.
Jumbo is a family-owned company, with committed people who have a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners, always looking for the best solution. With the Stay Well program Jumbo strives to be a responsible partner focused on the health and safety of all its stakeholders.
Jumbo’s HR team consist of 8 employees who are covering the crewing and HR processes and working from our Schiedam office and 2 Crewing Officers located in the Manila office (Philippines). To strengthen Jumbo’s HR team, we are searching for a Sr. Corporate Recruiter.
The main activities for this position are:
- To assist and advise management with respect to the personnel planning of their department and anticipate and advise on scenario’s;
- Engage in effective recruitment and sourcing methods, including the deployment of relevant social media, campaigning, and internal and external networks;
- Conduct selection interviews with applicants and potential candidates. Organize talent assessments and reference checks;
- Hire new employees by doing an appropriate job offer and accompanying negotiations;
- Provide timely updates to hiring manager with information regarding industry trends, marketplace, while seeking solutions in partnership with hiring managers.
- A bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, or related studies;
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience as a corporate recruiter;
- Affinity with the maritime industry;
- Ability to conduct assessments;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in Dutch and English.
- Proactive – thinks about processes, able to suggest and make improvements;
- Team player – you can operate independently and as member of a team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – being a good listener, appear approachable and show clarity in verbal communication.
- A solid pension package;
- 26 paid leave days a year;
- Hybrid working possibilities.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment.
Applications (in English) should respond specifically to the requirements including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/career/)
An online assessment and a pre-employment screening is part of the selection procedure.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.