Vacancy: Manager Engineering
Jumbo’s Engineering department is involved in projects from the preparation phase until execution of the project. To strengthen the Engineering Department Jumbo is looking for a communicative Manager Engineering with strong leadership skills.
As a Manager Engineering you will manage the Engineering department which is responsible for the preparation of shipping and offshore enquiries, tenders and projects. The Engineering department consist of Project Engineering, Innovation, Marine Engineering, Structural Engineering and a Drawing department (approximately 35 fte). You have the overruling authority in projects on technical matters and will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Your main responsibilities include:
- You will be responsible for the engineering of shipping and offshore enquiries, tenders and projects;
- You will lead the shipping and offshore engineering teams by example with focus on minimizing risk for people, cargo and the environment;
- You will focus on process improvement and adhere to high quality standards;
- You will ensure that knowledge management for engineering is organized and know-how is up to date;
- You make sure you have adequate and sufficient personnel for Engineering;
- You can create a climate of safety and quality awareness;
- You translate the company strategy and objectives into an annual department plan:
- You will organize the department budget and manage actual costs;
- You will focus on regulatory compliance of Operations and Engineering;
- You will also represent Jumbo externally (Universities, Marin, etc).
- Bachelor/Master of Science (maritime, civil, mechanical, aerospace);
- Affinity with the shipping and offshore industry;
- Good knowledge of the English language (verbally and in writing);
- 10 years of experience in a management position.
- Strong leadership skills;
- Pro-active and solution driven;
- Network skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Teambuilding skills, with the ability to energize and empower.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bas Bieckmann, Recruiter via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 6 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via the application form below.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.