Vacancy: Project Controller Offshore
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation providing engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transportation and Offshore Installation. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long- term strategies, and the notion that, in this highly specialised and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet.
Jumbo is a family-owned company, with committed people who have a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners, always looking for the best solution. With the Stay Well program Jumbo strives to be a responsible partner focused on the health and safety of all its stakeholders.
Would you like to be our financial sparring partner for complex offshore projects?
Jumbo’s Finance & Control Department is responsible for the financial administration and for monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting. Jumbo is separated into two divisions: Shipping & Offshore. Both are growing fast and become increasingly complex. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Project Controller Offshore.
The Offshore Division is responsible for large and complex projects and requires a structured approach. It is your responsibility to become a financial sparring partner to the Project Manager and other members of the project team. At the same time, you are in control. It is your goal to deliver excellent and accurate forecasts to internal stakeholders. You will report to the Manager Finance & Control.
The person we are looking for is proactive, accurate, collaborative and stress resistant. You have an eye for detail within a dynamic project environment. You are able to think in processes and can suggest innovative solutions and make improvements. And, you make good, thorough, and careful use of time. The challenge in this role is to forecast the offshore projects as accurate as possible and inform the internal organization accordingly.
- Monitoring the progress of one or more offshore projects in the range of 20 mln up to 100 mln. turnover.
- Proactively interact with the Project Manager to always have up-to-date insight into the expected results of the projects.
- Identifying opportunities and risks and translating them into impact on the result.
- Forecasting of project results and discussing these with commercial and operational management.
- Supporting Purchasing with large subcontracts and reviewing the financial impact upfront.
- Providing feedback and input to the management team.
- BSc or MSc degree in Business Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy or similar.
- Approximately five years of relevant work experience as a Project Controller, preferably in an international, project oriented (maritime) environment.
- Experience with Exact Globe and STAR FSM software is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required in Dutch and English.
- The opportunity for hybrid working.
- A solid pension package.
- 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bas Bieckmann, Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 6 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via the application form below.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.