Vacancy: QHSE Engineer (Shipping)
Jumbo is a family owned company, with the Head Office located in Schiedam, with committed people with a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners looking for the best solution. Jumbo is and strives to be a responsible partner focused on the health and safety of all its stakeholders; we have developed our own Stay Well program to secure our leading position.
Jumbo’s QHSE department is responsible for the company management system, for compliance with ISM/ISPS/MLC and advising on safe working practices for both company as projects. To strengthen the QHSE Department Jumbo seeks a QHSE Engineer (Shipping).
The QHSE engineer will support the projects with QHSE related topics and will challenge the project on QHSE related matters, initiate improvements and define risk reducing measures. The QHSE engineer will align with client and subcontractor in order to implement the safest way of working for the project.
- Support the Project Manager with QHSE matters related to a shipping project;
- Improve QHSE awareness and knowledge within Jumbo;
- Execution and facilitation of audits, safety surveys, recommendation of (corrective) actions, follow-up and close-out for shipping projects;
- Compliancy of vessels with project and ISM requirements;
- Identify and encourage QA and HSSE improvement actions;
- Act as trainer for our Stay Well program;
- Monitor regulatory changes, organizational changes or changes in company activities, and translate these into advice to DM and PM to assure QHSE compliance and zero incident culture in current and future projects;
- Develop and maintain standard Jumbo project tools (documents, methods, strategies, training etc.) to improve our way of working and project efficiency;
- Advice commerce during tender phase on HSE matters of a client request;
- Encourage others to have a high-quality working standard and a high level of safety in the working environment.
- Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO45001, ISO14001, ISM, ISPS, MLC;
- Affinity with the maritime industry;
- Good knowledge of the English language (verbally and in writing);
- Project QHSE experience;
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar position;
- Ability to initiate and lead RCA investigations;
- HSE Training (e.g. HVK);
- ISO 9001/ISO45001/ISO14001 Lead Auditor Experience of implementing unsafe Act Auditing Schemes (STOP, ASA, OOG, etc.);
- Experience of implementing Behavior / Culture Based Safety Management schemes;
- Familiar with good safe working practices with respect to lifting and hoisting equipment, slinging of loads, working at height, confined space entries, stored energy, PPE, COSHH, etc.
- Capable to advocate the company QHSE policy and system;
- Flexible, self-motivated and pro-active;
- Excellent communication skills, presentation and facilitator skills;
- Pro-active coordinator, with the ability to set priorities;
- Social team player with hands-on attitude;
- Ability to provide practical advice and hands-on solutions;
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to successfully work in an internationally composed organization.
- The opportunity for hybrid working.
- A solid pension package.
- 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.