Vacancy: Regional Commercial Manager (Shipping)
1 FTE – 37.5 hours
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation providing engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transportation and Offshore Installation. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long-term strategies, and the notion that, in this highly specialized and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet. Visit www.jumbomaritime.nl and learn more about our organization, clients, and capabilities.
Jumbo Shipping and SAL Heavy Lift have formed in April 2021, a commercial joint venture called Jumbo SAL Alliance. As Jumbo-SAL Alliance, we currently control 30 vessels and have 4 new built vessels on order wherefore we are controlling the largest fleet in the Heavy lift shipping market more than 800 tons lifting capacity.
The Jumbo-SAL Alliance acts as a single commercial representation in the marketplace supported by a network of offices and agents in over 20 countries worldwide.
Jumbo-SAL-Alliance stands for engineered maritime logistics of all types, heavy lift, project cargo and break bulk in any segment of the market. Side by side, two of the most prominent and technically advanced heavy lift carriers combine their strengths and resources to deliver the best engineered heavy transport solutions to customers worldwide. To strengthen the Commercial Shipping Department Jumbo seeks a Regional Commercial Manager (Shipping).
The Commercial Manager combines Sales and Business Development tasks for a specific region or product group. Within this area it will be your task to maintain excellent relations with our existing customer network but also actively identify future business opportunities and therewith expanding our network / market share in the maritime heavy lift industry, ensuring that the Alliance receives the invitation to tender and then positioning the Alliance in order a favorable bid can be submitted.
A constantly changing industrial landscape with an increasing focus on renewables, technically more complex cargo, no fixed sailing schedules nor trading routes (tramping), no standard rates and a highly competitive niche market are just a few of the challenges that needs to be met.
As Regional Commercial Manager you will be an integral part of the commercial team that is dedicated to deliver tailor made solutions to its customer on a “best for project” basis.
- Manage the client relationships in a geographical area in close coordination with an international agency network;
- Stay in regular contact with customers, foreign Jumbo offices and commercial agents of the assigned regions;
- Proactively canvas and solicit special cargo for Jumbo’s heavy lift vessels;
- Handle day to day freight inquiries and liaise with operations department for operational/technical input as the need arises;
- Responsible for negotiating freight rates and contract details, tariffs and conditions and present firm offers to clients;
- Visit clients, alone or together with a local jumbo representative;
- Liaise with operations, engineering, QHSE and communications/marketing departments to safeguard smooth execution of the contracted works;
- Stay fully updated on market and competitors’ activities, trends, fixtures and contracted heavy lift cargo in the assigned area and inform your team accordingly;
- Proactively develop new customers with the aim of growing accounts.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in technical, economical or business education;
- 5+ years of experience in a commercial role in preferably the marine industry;
- A proven track record of securing sales and business opportunities;
- Great listening and communication skills in English;
- Pleasure in traveling (approx. 10-12 business trips per year);
- A strong personality but flexible enough to be a team player and develop strong interpersonal working relationships;
- Initiative and a creative mind;
- Analytical strong, results orientation, drive to win;
- Able to liaise at all levels of an organization both internally and externally;
- Enthusiasm to work in an international commercial team and with clients from around the world.
- A solid pension package;
- 26 paid leave days a year;
- Make use of our inhouse fitness facilities.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every month you are welcome to join the Thursday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bas Bieckmann, Sr. Corporate Recruiter via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (010) 7900300. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via the application form below.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.