Vacancy: Vessel Manager
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation of engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transport. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long-term strategies and the notion that, in this highly specialized and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet. Visit www.jumbomaritime.nl and learn more about our organization, clients and capabilities.
Jumbo is a family owned company, with the Head Office located in Schiedam, with committed people with a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners looking for the best solution. Jumbo is and strives to be a responsible partner focused on the health and safety of all its stakeholders; we have developed our own Stay Well program to secure our leading position.
Jumbo’s operations department is responsible for the execution of heavy-lift transports and projects onboard Jumbo owned and/or 3rd party vessels. To strengthen the Operation’s Department Jumbo seeks a Vessel Manager.
- maintain close contact with our clients and ensure that the projects are executed according to the required specifications as stipulated in the contract;
- make sure that the project is on schedule, by interdisciplinary management of vessel and internal departments and by making clear agreements;
- ensure that the project is completed within budget, by proper monitoring of costs and with variation orders to the contract during the project;
- be the link between the organization and the client;
- liaise with the Manager Operations on the impact of changes in the seasonal schedule and/or changes in vessel movements;
- Be the link between all internal departments (Fleet, QHSE, Crewing etc.)
- Bachelor in Shipping & Transport, Engineering or Nautical College;
- Knowledge and experience in shipping/cargo documents and charter-parties;
- Minimum of 5 years vessel and/ or offshore & shipping operations experience;
- Offshore, vessel, port terminal and shipping industry knowledge;
- Knowledge of vessel stowage principles, previous experience in supervising Heavy Lift operations or offshore installation is an asset;
- Good command of English language (verbal and written);
- Willing to travel and work outside office hours;
- Commercial skills.
- Operational decision maker based on limited information available;
- Social team player with hands-on attitude;
- Flexible, enthusiastic and stress resistant team player;
- Excellent organizational and communicative skills, both verbal and in writing.
- A solid pension package;
- 26 paid leave days a year;
- Personal training budget;
- Hybrid working possibilities;
- Make use of fitness facilities at Jumbo Schiedam.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every month you are welcome to join the Thursday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.