The Technical Superintendent has the overall technical responsibility for several Jumbo Heavy Lift vessels and is responsible for keeping the designated vessels and its equipment technically operational.
The coordination and execution of the day-to-day maintenance and repair activities is performed by the engine room crew, leaded by two Chief Engineers per vessel. The Technical Superintendent coordinates and plans the (middle) long term maintenance and advises the on board crew when required.
The job involves the following:
• Responsible for the overall condition of the assigned vessels;
• Providing technical support and consultancy to the vessels;
• Preparation (including detailed specification and focus on planning), organization and execution of ship’s dry-docking;
• Performing condition and safety inspections, coordinating surveys, repairs and claims with Class/Flag State;
• Responsible for the Class Certification of the vessel(s);
• Preparing and managing the budgets for assigned vessels;
• Responsible for the supervision of correct and cost-effective purchasing of spare parts, stores and services.
To expand the knowledge and experience of the Technical team we are looking for candidates who are supplementary to current team members, therefore we also invite candidates with a non-shipping background to apply.
• B.Sc degree in Technical Engineering with relevant work experience;
• experience in planned maintenance and repairs;
• fully conversant in English (verbally and in writing);
• have a good knowledge of MS Office applications and modern Planned Maintenance Systems;
• willing to travel and spend time abroad;
• willingness to work irregular hours.
• Good (project) organizing skills;
• safety and cost awareness;
• able to work independently;
• good communication skills.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• The opportunity to work from home.
• A solid pension package.
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Christel Diepenhorst, Manager HRM via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 300. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent until 1 September 2019, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link