As a Tender Manager you are responsible for the preparation of proposals for offshore installation works to our clients.
The Tender Manager works in close co-operation with the Business Development department and is involved from the earliest prequalification phase until contract award and hand-over to the project team. The Jumbo organization is characterized by short communication lines and an entrepreneurial atmosphere where freedom to act is given to people that are willing to step up and take responsibility. The Tender Manager reports to the Manager Tenders & Contracts.
The main responsibilities are:
• work with the Business Development department in generating new business through prequalification, development of new work scopes;
• assess and review ITT documentation and develop qualifications;
• prepare proposal documents and co-ordinate input of the different departments within Jumbo;
• develop a cost budget for the projects;
• obtain the approval of the Tender Board within Jumbo;
• clarify and negotiate proposals with clients;
• conduct commercial and contractual negotiations with the client;
• hand-over the contract to the projects department for execution of the work.
• BSc./MSc. Degree in Engineering (i.e. Mechanical or Civil Engineering or Naval Architecture);
• 10 years of experience in offshore industry (engineering or projects);
• several years of experience in a tender or project management function is preferred;
• experience in contract negotiations and knowledge of standard offshore contracts (i.e. Logic, Bimco, FIDIC);
• fully conversant in English (verbally and written);
• willing to travel on an incidental basis.
• Jumbo’s core values: reliability, safety & quality awareness, customer orientation, co-operation and entrepreneurship;
• able to convince others and result oriented;
• analyze, planning skills and helicopter view.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
• The opportunity to work from home.
• A solid pension package.
• 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Christel Diepenhorst, Manager HRM via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 300. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website (https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/).
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Jumbo is committed to protecting your privacy. For recruitment purposes we may invite you through our website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself. Please read our Privacy Statement to know how Jumbo processes and protects data in the context of its recruitment purposes.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link