Vacancy: Financial Controller
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation of engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transport and Offshore Installations. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long-term strategies and the notion that, in this highly specialized and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet. Visit www.jumbomaritime.nl and learn more about our organization, clients, and capabilities.
Jumbo is a family-owned company, with the Head Office located in Schiedam, with committed people with a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners looking for the best solution. Jumbo is and strives to be a responsible partner focused on the sustainability and safety of all its stakeholders; we have developed our own Stay Well program to secure our leading position.
As a Financial Controller, you are an important part of the Finance & Control team at Jumbo Maritime. In this role, you will be working on financial reporting within the dynamic maritime industry. You will work closely with the manager of the Finance & Control team and liaise with other departments. You will work together with two other Financial Controllers, with whom you will ensure the correct processing of the financial flows and the preparation of the monthly reports. The Finance & Control team is a young and dynamic team and with your energy, knowledge, and proactive attitude you make sure that you lift others to a higher level.
To work as a Financial Controller at Jumbo Maritime is very diverse and varied. For example, you are primarily responsible for the monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing. You are also responsible for setting up and accountable for (financial) processes. Jumbo Maritime is growing and has healthy ambitions for the future. We are looking for a Financial Controller who is eager to take on this challenge!
- Develop and provide monthly, quarterly, and annual reports;
- Analyzing and reviewing financial results;
- Performing ad-hoc analyses;
- Preparing VAT/CBS declarations;
- Initiating, and independently coordinating, projects to improve processes;
- Establish and improve the AO/IC, you must be entrepreneurial to set out the internal control processes;
- Coach and assist the administrators on subjects as: travel expenses, declarations, general ledger, and monthly wages.
- BSc or MSc degree in Business Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy or similar;
- Approximately 5 years of relevant work experience as a Financial Controller – preferably in an international, project oriented or shipping/maritime environment;
- Experience with Exact Globe is necessary;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in Dutch and English.
- A solid pension package;
- 26 paid leave days a year;
- Personal training budget;
- Hybrid working possibilities;
- Make use of fitness facilities at Jumbo Schiedam.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every month you are welcome to join the Thursday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.