Vacancy: Project Engineer Offshore 1FTE – 37.5 hours
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation providing engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transportation and Offshore Installation. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long- term strategies, and the notion that, in this highly specialised and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet.
Jumbo is a family-owned company, with committed people who have a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners, always looking for the best solution. With the Stay Well program Jumbo strives to be a responsible partner focused on the health and safety of all its stakeholders.
Jumbo’s Offshore Department deals with transport and installation solutions for our 2 DP vessels with lifting capacities up to 900 mt and a water depth reach of 3000 m operating worldwide. Beside the Offshore team we have a shipping department where we operate with 8 vessels and 31 vessels together with our joint venture partner SAL under the Jumbo SAL Alliance.
Because of internal career opportunity of two members of the engineering team Jumbo is looking for two Project Engineers (Offshore). At Jumbo engineers are specialists and generalists at the same time. You are in contact with our customers on a regular basis. Your imagination and expertise are needed to develop the best and innovative solutions for projects on Jumbo’s diverse fleet of vessels. This makes your job at Jumbo interesting and varied.
Jumbo Engineers are very eager to learn, and they embrace new colleagues who will bring new experience to the table. Every project within Jumbo is unique and taking ownership is key. Are you looking for a varied and challenging job with an international company and do you dare to take the next step? Lift us up and apply for this vacancy!
- Produce the right quality engineering deliverables for offshore projects such as stowage plans, lifting plans, sea fastening calculations and drawings and prepare technical documents within budget and on time;
- Maintains contact with the client regarding engineering aspects;
- Work closely together with other disciplines, e.g., operations and commerce, as required to ensure well prepared projects and execution;
- Acting as Field Engineer on board of the vessel, responsible for design compliance in field. Monitoring procedures during transportation and installation works;
- Perform Inquiry engineering tasks for bids by the commercial team;
- Defining engineering subcontracted work and managing progress and performance;
- Review and quality control of engineering deliverables;
- Provides (on-site) support during load-out and discharge operations;
- Occasional international, work-related travel.
- B. sc or M.sc relevant technical degree;
- 5-8 years of engineering experience in offshore project engineering;
- Ability to perform and assess structural calculations and designs including knowledge of associated rules and regulations;
- An all-round engineer with experience in heavy lifting and an affinity with steel constructions and offshore installation;
- Show commitment to the quality procedures of Jumbo and propagate this in the department;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and MS Office.
- Fully conversant in English (verbally and in writing).
- Flexible, self-motivated, and pro-active;
- Keen and analytical;
- Customer oriented;
- Social team player with hands-on attitude;
- Planning & organizing skills;
- Good communication skills.
- A solid pension package;
- 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave;
- Make use of the fitness facilities in Schiedam.
- Hybrid work location.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every month you are welcome to join the Thursday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bas Bieckmann, Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 (010) 79 00 300. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via the application form below.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.