Vacancy: Project Engineer Shipping
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation providing engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transportation and Offshore Installation. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long- term strategies, and the notion that, in this highly specialised and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet.
Jumbo is a family-owned company, with committed people who have a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners, always looking for the best solution. With the Stay Well program Jumbo strives to be a responsible partner focused on the health and safety of all its stakeholders.
Jumbo’s Engineering department is involved in projects from the preparation phase until execution of the project. To strengthen the Engineering Department Jumbo seeks a Project Engineer Shipping.
At Jumbo engineers are specialists and generalists at the same time. You are in contact with our customers on a regular basis. Your imagination and expertise are needed to develop the best and innovative solutions for projects on Jumbo’s diverse fleet of vessels. This makes your job at Jumbo interesting and varied.
Jumbo Engineers are very eager to learn and they embrace new colleagues who will bring new experience to the table. Every project within Jumbo is unique and taking ownership is key. Are you looking for a varied and challenging job with an international company and do you dare to take the next step? Lift us up and apply for this vacancy!
- Produce the right quality engineering deliverables such as stowage plans, lifting plans, sea fastening calculations and drawings and prepare technical documents within budget and on time;
- Maintains contact with the client regarding engineering aspects;
- Work closely together with other disciplines, e.g., operations and commerce, as required to ensure well prepared projects and execution;
- Perform Inquiry engineering tasks for bids by the commercial team;
- Provides (on-site) support during load-out and discharge operations;
- Occasional international, work-related travel.
- B. sc/M.sc degree (i.e., Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering);
- 0-4 years of engineering experience in (shipping) project engineering;
- Knowledge of marine engineering (vessel stability and motion analyses) and associated rules and regulations;
- Ability to perform and assess structural calculations and designs including knowledge of associated rules and regulations;
- Show commitment to the quality procedures of Jumbo and propagate this in the department;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and MS Office;
- Fully conversant in English (verbally and in writing).
- Flexible, self-motivated, and pro-active;
- Keen and analytical;
- Customer oriented;
- Social team player with hands-on attitude;
- Planning & organizing skills;
- Good communication skills.
- The opportunity for hybrid working.
- Inhouse use of fitness facilities.
- A solid pension package.
- 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every month you are welcome to join the Thursday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bas Bieckmann, Recruiter via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 6 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via the application form below.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.