Vacancy: Structural Engineer
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation providing engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transportation and Offshore Installation. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long- term strategies, and the notion that, in this highly specialised and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet.
Jumbo is a family-owned company, with committed people who have a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners, always looking for the best solution. With the Stay Well program Jumbo strives to be a responsible partner focused on the health and safety of all its stakeholders.
Jumbo’s Engineering department is involved in projects from the preparation phase until execution of the project. To strengthen the Engineering Department Jumbo seeks a Structural Engineer.
As a Structural Engineer, you will be working for the Shipping, Offshore as well as the New Building department. Within a project team, you are responsible for analyzing structural cases for the Jumbo fleet and designing solutions such as structural modifications in the ship’s structure, load spreading devices, etcetera.
Jumbo Engineers are extremely entrepreneurial, eager to learn and they embrace new colleagues who will bring new experience to the table. Every project within Jumbo is unique, ownership is key. Are you looking for a varied and challenging job with an international company and do you dare to take the next step? Lift us up and apply for this vacancy!
- Analyze the project needs and prepare the detailed scope of work and planning for all relevant tasks;
- Prepare and check the design calculations (and reports) for all structural design work;
- Preform detailed calculations by using hand calculations and FEM analysis;
- Train/mentor Junior Engineers and Project Engineers and share your knowledge;
- Actively initiate, set up and improve the departmental procedures, tools and standards;
- Be accountable for the quality of your work concerning the structural design and integrity assessment;
- Be involved with the fabrication and installation of the structures;
- Also actively participate in the project scopes concerning the following topics: Sea fastening designs and operational procedures;
- Have an office-based position and occasionally on board project support during project execution.
- B.sc/M.sc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Offshore Engineering or Naval Architecture;
- 5 years or more work experience in structural design and /or analysis work experiences;
- Knowledge of programming languages Matlab and/or Python;
- Experience with Ansys Workbench is beneficial and able to set-up hand calculations for simple structures;
- Ability to work in a project team and across multiple projects;
- Solid knowledge of rules and regulations within the codes and standards of DNV, LR. ABS, etcetera and bring basic knowledge of codes such as AWS, ASME and Eurocode;
- Basic knowledge of the Shipping and Offshore industry, particularly Heavy Lift;
- You are able to guide a draughtman to set-up fabrication drawings;
- Fully conversant in English (verbally and in writing).
- The opportunity for hybrid working.
- A solid pension package.
- 26 paid leave days a year.
- Make use of fitness facilities at Jumbo Schiedam.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every month you are welcome to join the Thursday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bas Bieckmann, Recruiter via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (0)107900300. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via the application form below.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.