Vacancy: Third Engineer
As Third Engineer you have a keen eye for safety. Your work focusses on the tasks which are assigned to you by the Second Engineer or the Chief Engineer. Your primary tasks will be engine room operations and maintenance in port and at sea. You are also involved in waste handling and quality control, such as environmentally friendly handling of waste generated onboard and quality control of potable water systems, as two examples.”
The Third Engineer will be part of the vessels crew and reports to the Chief Engineer.
- Perform maintenance on technical equipment on board under the supervision of the Second Engineer;
- Support in stock control of spare parts and equipment;
- Take part in UMS engine-room watch cycle;
- Inspection/maintenance of assigned safety equipment.
- a MBO or Bachelor Maritime degree (Marof);
- experience as an 3rd Engineer (is a pre but not required);
- basic knowledge of Flag State and International Maritime Rules and Regulations;
- basic knowledge of safe ship operations;
- communicative qualities and teamwork skills;
- basic knowledge of computer systems and applications, (Microsoft Office)
- basic knowledge of stock and spare part administration
- knowledge of the English language both spoken and written;
- possession of a valid “Certificate of Competency” for the assigned vessel;
- ability to work worldwide for longer periods.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bert Reichgelt Recruiter via email@example.com or via telephone number +31 6 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via the application form below.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.