Vacancy: Third Officer
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation providing engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transportation and Offshore Installation. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long-term strategies, and the notion that, in this highly specialised and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet. Visit www.jumbomaritime.nl and learn more about our organisation, clients, and capabilities.
Jumbo is a family-owned company, with committed people who have a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners, always looking for the best solution. With the Stay Well program Jumbo strives to be a responsible partner focused on the health and safety of all its stakeholders.
To strengthen the crew of our vessels we are looking for a Third Officer.
As Third Officer your work focusses on the tasks which are assigned to you by the Second Officer or the Chief Officer. Your primary responsibilities are that you will be assisting in carrying out Port/Cargo operations, deck operations and bridge operations. You are in charge of a navigational watch and you ensure that safety regulations, international flag state and port state laws are adhered to.
The Third Officer will be part of the vessels crew and reports to the Chief Officer.
- Assist in the execution of the deck operations to ensures the most economical and efficient port operation;
- Assist with all deck activities with crew to ensure smooth execution;
- Ensure that the general objectives, legal and commercial consequences, and scope of work are clearly understood, and the agreed scope of work is fulfilled to the Clients’ specification by Jumbo;
- Assist with the voyage planning and preparation to have a safe, economical and fuel-efficient voyage. Including the maintenance of the nautical publications and equipment;
- In charge of navigational watch.
- Assist and the maintenance of deck-, safety-and nautical equipment;
- Responsible and performs any administration, as required.
- Secondary level (MBO) or Bachelor Maritime degree;
- Starting as a 3rd Officer or Experience as an 3rd Officer;
- Basic knowledge of Flag State and International Maritime Rules and Regulations;
- Basic knowledge of safe ship operations;
- Communicative qualities and teamwork skills;
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and applications, (Microsoft Office);
- Knowledge of the Dutch and English language both spoken and written;
- Possession of a valid Dutch “Certificate of Competency” for the assigned vessel;
- Ability to work worldwide for longer periods.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.