Vacancy: Chief officer
At Jumbo you will do more than just sailing. Loading and sea fastening cargoes, discharging cargoes in hard-to-reach ports, the emphasis on always working safely, operating the cranes, or determining the route of the ship. At Jumbo, you really ‘work’ with the vessel and its cargo.
As Chief Officer you’re responsible for the management of the work on the deck and at the bridge. You will not only train and coach the second and third officers but also the bosun and deck crew. Together with the captain you will evaluate the calculations and drawings made by the Engineering Department concerning the cargo. Before arrival in port, you will plan and prepare all (un)loading activities.
The Chief Officer will be part of the vessels crew and reports to the Captain.
- to plan and supervise all cargo operations;
- to Coordinate all deck and nautical activities with the crew to ensure smooth execution of projects;
- to ensure that the general objectives, legal and commercial consequences, and scope of work are clearly understood;
- plan and supervise deck maintenance activities;
- maintenance and stock keeping of medical supplies and equipment.
- MBO/HBO Maritime Academy;
- at least 5 years’ experience in shipping and heavy lift;
- basic knowledge of Flag State and International Maritime Rules and Regulations;
- basic knowledge of safe ship operations;
- basic knowledge of cargo handling;
- leadership skills and communicative qualities, able to work in a team;
- knowledge of the English language both spoken and written;
- possession of a valid “Certificate of Competency” for the assigned vessel;
- general Operator’s Certificate GMDSS;
- valid Certificate of Fitness for Seafaring;
- advanced firefighting certificate;
- security awareness certificate.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bert Reichgelt Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 6 25313513. Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via the application form below.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.