Ballast Nedam Offshore awards Jumbo installation Butendiek transition pieces
Ballast Nedam Offshore (BNO) is executing the foundation EPCI works for wind farm operator OWP Butendiek. As part of this, BNO has subcontracted Jumbo for the offshore transport and installation of 80 transition pieces (TPs).
The TPs are fabricated in Esbjerg and will be installed with the Dynamically Positioned HLV Jumbo Javelin.
During the summer of 2014, the Javelin will lift, ship and install all transition pieces in just 10 voyages of 8 TPs each. Each TP weighs approximately 330 Mton, has a height of 31m and a diameter of 5.5m
To install such TPs safely, Jumbo has invested in increased lifting height capability by acquiring a 700 Mton SWL Fly-Jib.
Jumbo’s subcontract includes the following;
- T&I Project Management and Engineering
- Design and supply of lifting gear, grillages and sea fastenings
- Design and supply survey equipment and procedures
- Provision of active motion compensated access bridge between Javelin and TP
- Crane support for BNO’s cleaning and grouting operations.
The Butendiek Offshore Windpark consists out of 80 Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) and one Offshore Substation- foundation and is located approximately 35 nautical miles from the island of Sylt in Germany. Once fully operational the park will have and output of 288 MW.
- Share this on Twitter
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on LinkedIn
- Send this by Email
- Direct link